In defeating the Republican healthcare plan, the conservative Freedom Caucus likely set in motion a process that will result in a more liberal solution than the one they just killed.
In a dramatic turn of events, the Republicans pull their healthcare reform proposal and leave many open questions about where they go from here.
Barely two months into the Trump presidency, Republicans face a critical vote on the healthcare bill and indications are they may not even be able to get the plan out of the House.
The Mayo Clinic decides that, all other things being equal, it will prioritize patients with commercial insurance over those with Medicare or Medicaid.
The Congressional Budget Office has released its scoring of the Republican plan and that is being reported as accepted fact, not the mere prediction that it is.
A study published in Health Affairs indicates that telehealth visits only replaced a traditional visit 12% of the time; the other 88% represented additional utilization.
As the specifics of the policy debate unfold in Washington, we are reminded that solving the problem of how to pay for healthcare runs smack into Americans’ insatiable desire for more of it.
The final elements of the Republican plan include expanding Health Savings Accounts and providing funds to states to help high-risk patients obtain affordable coverage.
Medicaid reform is a central, and very complex and controversial, pillar of the Republicans ‘repeal and replace’ plan.
The President comes to grips with the political, legislative and financial realities that make his ‘repeal and replace’ plan more difficult than imagined.
Tim Coan, ALN’s CEO, writes an insightful and witty blog three times a week about a variety of topics relevant to independent physician practices.